Windsor's top parenting experts are coming together for the first time to speak at this unprecedented event for parents, teachers and caregivers of children of all ages. Do not miss this event!
(This event will also be presented for those who are not in the Windsor/Essex County area - See below)
Life With A Baby
Team Goran, RE/MAX
With keynote speakers:
Win Harwood and Heather Chauvin
Win is a well-known child advocate and parenting expert who is a regular guest on the Lynn Martin Show on AM800. You and your children are sure to benefit from her knowledgeable and informed perspective. Win's talk will answer these important questions:
- At what age should you talk to your kids about the Choking Game?
- How should you talk to your child about tragedies such as school shooting and acts of terrorism?
- Considering the recent stories of rape and suicides of teenage girls - including the deaths of Amanda Todd. Audrey Potts and, most recently, Rehtaeh Parsons - should you talk to your kids about rape and suicide?
- What should you tell your kids about bullying?
- What are the risks of talking or not talking, about these tough topics?
- How can you teach your kids to be safe online? What are the myths? At what age is Facebook safe for kids?
Heather Chauvin, BSW (Family Support Strategist)
Heather is a passionate mental health and self-esteem advocate who has made it her mission to enhance the lives of parents and children. A mother of 3 children, Heather has a refreshingly honest and entertaining speaking style. Heather's talk will answer these important questions:
- What is your child's negative behaviour REALLY telling you?
- How can you get your kids to listen (without the power struggle)?
- What is the 'magic pill' when dealing with your child's anger, anxiety and low self esteem?
- What is 'parenting guilt' and HOW can you make sure it doesn't run your life?
- How you can wake up every morning feeling energized and ready to take on the world (kids and all)?
There will be a $5 minimum donation collected upon registration. The money collected will be used to being more Life With a Baby Events to our community.
PLEASE BRING A COPY OF YOUR PAID
REGISTRATION WITH YOU!
Please note: This event is for parents, grandparents, teachers and caregivers. In order for you to benefit fully from this event, we ask that only in arms/breastfeeding babies are present.
Live Steam Option
If you live outside the Windsor/Essex County area, and are unable to attend, this event will be broadcast through a Live Stream. After registration, you will receive a confirmation email with the link to the stream.