Connect with your baby through nurturing touch. Infant massage helps baby sleep better, relaxes and soothes, aids digestion, contributes to development, encourages bonding & improves communication.
This is a weekly 45 minute massage and yoga class for pre-mobile babies, where you will massage and stretch your baby. The recommended age is 4 weeks to 6 months old.
Touch is your little one’s first form of communication and it is important for healthy mental and physical development. Observant touch through massage can promote your baby’s well-being while increasing your ability to respond to his or her needs.
Bond with your Baby
Build a unique and close attachment between you and your baby. Reinforce the trust between parent and child and provide a strong foundation for your relationship for years to come.
Benefits for baby
– Brain and central nervous system development
– Stimulate digestive and immune systems
– Create mind and body awareness
– Parent bonding and communication
– Improve sleep patterns
– Increase flexibility and muscle tone
– Improve blood circulation
– Reduce stress hormones
We meet once a week for 45 minutes. This allows time for parents to familiarize themselves with the techniques, and for the babies to absorb the new stimuli.
– Week 1: Chest and belly
– Week 2: Arms and hands
– Week 3: Legs and feet
– Week 4: Back and face
What you need
– Bring a towel and a blanket for baby
– Dress baby in clothing with easy access for skin-to-skin interaction
– A small bottle of massage oil will be provided
– $60 +HST for four week series
- 20% discount for LWAB members who prepay online
For the discounted rate, please register on this event page to receive the discount code via email. You must then register at harmonyoga.ca Registering on the LWAB site does not register you for the class or reserve your spot.
E-RYT-200 (Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance)